- Episode Guide
- Anchor - Accounting Droid
At the panel for The Last Jedi at Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017, we got our first look at Episode VIII via a teaser trailer. It includes Rey's Jedi training, possibly a more in depth look at the fall out between Luke Skywalker and Ben Solo, a major space battle and more. Amongst the approximately 2 minute trailer are some words from Luke himself that may explain the title of the film itself, that the Jedi must end (and by extension, actually bring peace to the galaxy by ending the struggle between the light and dark sides of the force. The exact quote goes “It's time for the Jedi...to end.”
With that being said, a teaser poster was also released for the film which I found makes for a great mobile wallpaper. As an Android user and Star Wars fan, I got to thinking how I could make a theme around said wallpaper, so here goes. The screenshot below is the wallpaper and layout using an app called KLWP (otherwise known as Kustom Live Wallpaper Maker). To use this layout you’ll need to also buy the KLWP Pro Key. The weather info is current conditions based on your device's location. Clicking the weather icon opens the weather forecast using Popup Widgets 3 and HD Widgets but this can be changed to an app or website of your choice. The date opens the Google Calendar schedule widget, also via Popup Widgets 3, but can be changed, if desired. The app shortcuts are pretty self explanatory but of note are that I use A Better Camera as my camera app and Feedly for news. All icons used are built into KLWP itself. For the colors, I have set Global Colors for red and blue so media controls and accent bars can be switched easily. I have noted changeable accent bars with the word “bar” at the end of each module. Media controls are labeled as Play, Previous and Next. I use Action Launcher 3 on my device so I have tied my home button to All Apps and swype up for quick search.
- Summary - My KLWP automatically pulls the album art, if available, as a background that is slightly blurred and dimmed as well as an image cover to “hide” top new stories. The currently playing track, track author and track progress are provided. Below the media information is the current day’s temperature, condition, high & low temperature as well as that day’s forecasted condition. A 3 day forecast with high and low temperature along with condition is provided to the right of the current day’s weather information. Lastly, by touching the album art, the top 3 stories from CNN are provided with title and description. Touching the news stories will re-hide the news and show the album art.
- All elements (except track progress bars) fade in
- Track progress bars rotate into view
- The transition from album art to news and vice versa is a fade animation
- The CNN news top stories is their public RSS which can be changed to whatever source is desired
- The background pulls the currently playing album art and is blurred to 50 with a dim value of 25