DC have announced a new product lineup ahead of the New York Toy Fair and while there's a fair bit of filler on display, there are a few pieces that are worth keeping an eye on. The first of these has got to be Batman: The Animated Series version of the Dark Knight himself. It was an iconic look for Batman that has been perfectly realized in all his stark angular glory and needs to be a part of my collection.
There's also a great looking Catwoman figure which, while true to the original source may not have made the transition from cartoon to reality as well as Batman. Speaking of the man, this Bat-heavy update includes an interesting take on the New 52 style which looks interesting aside from some of the detailing which may be a little heavier than it should be; the body armour style look of the New 52 costumes has divided fans and this isn't going to win any over. On the subject of armour, Batman's Thrasher armour is another that I'm really looking forward to see up close.
There are non-bat related figures on offer, including a particularly intense looking Atomic Green lantern figure based on the Infinite Crisis game and while there are also some so-so pieces such as the cheap looking New 52 Supergirl and Batman dartboard, there's enough here to keep any DC fan saving up and looking forward to that toy fair in New York.
Full press release:
DC Collectibles, the exclusive line of toy and collector items from DC Entertainment, announced today an exciting 2014 product line-up just in time for New York Toy Fair. DC Collectibles will offer a wide range of new action figures and collectors items based on DC Comics iconic characters and other properties including the highly-anticipated Son of Batman direct-to-video film and Infinite Crisis, the upcoming video game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developed by Turbine. And for the first time ever, new 6 scale action figure lines based on designs from both Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures will be released later this year.
DC Collectibles has an amazing 2014 line-up in store for fans and collectors and were psyched to be showcasing our new action figures, statues and more at New York Toy Fair, said Geoff Johns, chief creative officer of DC Entertainment. The new slate shows off the teams commitment to bringing innovative ideas and the highest quality toys and collectors items to fans worldwide, and as a fan myself Im particularly excited about the new Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures lines.
Additional new product categories scheduled for 2014 include a (Bat)man cave line of high-end lifestyle products, an all new Wood figure line, and porcelain dolls based on a beloved character from Vertigos THE SANDMAN series.
Following up with some of their most popular lines comes a second wave of action figures based on art from Greg Capullo, and new additions to both the DC Comics Bombshells and DC Cover Girls statue series.
DC Collectibles 2014 line-up includes:
- NEW LINE -- Batman: The Animated Series action figure: Catwoman
- NEW LINE -- The New Batman Adventures action figures: Batman, Two Face, Mr. Freeze
- NEW LINE -- Son of Batman action figures: Deathstroke, Robin, Batman, Nightwing; based on character designs by Phil Bourassa
- NEW LINE -- DC Comics (Bat)man Cave Super-Villain Poker set with art by Kevin Nowlan, Batman Dart Board set
- NEW LINE -- BATMAN LIL GOTHAM action figures: Harley Quinn, The Joker, Batman, Robin
- NEW LINE -- Wood figures 4: Batman, Superman
- NEW LINE -- Porcelain Doll: THE SANDMANs Death
- DC Comics The New 52 action figures: Supergirl, Nightwing, Batgirl
- Infinite Crisis 6 action figures: Pajama Party Harley Quinn, Atomic Green Lantern, Atomic Poison Ivy, Mecha Wonder Woman, Renaissance Batman
- DC Comics Cover Girls statues: Katanna, Mera
- Batman Black and White: Zombie Batman statue based on artwork by Neal Adams
- Batman Black and White: The Joker statue based on artwork by Dick Sprang
- Batman Black and White: Batman statue based on artwork by Michael Turner
- Superman: The Man of Steel statues: designed by Shane Davis, and one based off Superman The Animated Series
- DC Comics Designer Series: Greg Capullo action figures: Catwoman, Batman Thrasher Armor, Mr. Freeze, Red Hood
- Wonder Woman The Art of War statue based on artwork by Yanick Paquette
- DC Comics Bombshells statue: Zatanna