- Microsoft no longer supporting the OS for consumers (i.e. no more security updates)
- Use Linux for older machines
- Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) - OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Google Docs
- Browser - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- Use Wine for select programs to install natively
- Setup virtual machine (i.e. VirtualBox) to get a Windows XP installation running for required compatibility issues
[Sponsor - Puget] Get started on your customized, powerful new computer today!
Support Geek I/O on Patron!